Society of Professional Journalists Link
Bookkeeper Needed – Employment Opportunities
— ADVERTISEMENT —
Advertise with SPJ
Employment Opportunities with SPJ
Application Deadline: Position will be filled ASAP
The Society of Professional Journalists, based in Indianapolis, is the nation’s largest and most broad-based membership association for journalists. This part-time position will report to the Director of Finance. Ideal candidates work well with others and can stay organized and focused during high-level multitasking.
What we’re looking for:
– Someone who has a background in accounting and financial record keeping. Students majoring in accounting are encouraged to apply.
– Someone who has meticulous attention to detail, and double checks (then checks again) their work.
– Someone who can handle voluminous data entry.
– Someone who has experience with Quickbooks and Excel. iMIS database management software experience a plus.
– Someone who has the ability to solve routine problems independently.
– Someone who cares deeply about the quality of their work.
– Someone who has regular availability on a week to week basis up to 20 hours.
– Ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not required.
Primary duties may include but not be limited to the following:
– Perform data entry of all incoming receipts and credit card income transactions into Quickbooks.
– Responsible for entry of vendor invoices, credit card expense charges and monthly account reconciliation.
– Assist Director with outgoing payments to vendors and chapters.
– Assist Director with the month-end and year-end procedures as needed.
– Other duties as assigned.
Also, please note:
– Ability to climb a flight of stairs, sit for extended periods of time and minimal lifting on a regular basis is required.
– Position is NOT remote.
The position will be filled ASAP.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé to Director of Finance and Administration Amy Wong. Applications without the above requirements will not be accepted.
The Society of Professional Journalists is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals. SPJ will apply its diversity mission to hiring with a written policy and approach to:
– Actively seek diverse candidates
– Advertise broadly
– Craft job descriptions to be inclusive
– Include diverse candidates within the interview pool